Adoption is a lifelong process with unique tasks and challenges with each life stage.
VCAS is a founding member of the Vermont Adoption Consortium, a group of agencies and parent organizations working together to improve access to services and support to all Vermont adoptive families. VCAS staff are licensed social workers with experience in adoption and related issues.
Post-adoption services include:
• Help with parenting strategies
• Assistance with school and community issues
• Referrals to support and discussion groups
• Referrals to counseling and other therapeutic services.
• Access to resource library with articles, books, videos and DVDs.
• Respite services
• Camp ForMe summer day camp for adopted children ages 7 to 12 years old
Fees for service:
• This program is funded through a state and federal grant that supports these services for most Vermont adoptive families.